Based on the Strengthening Families Framework, one imperative stage to prevent neglect and enhance your child’s development and family’s strength is to increase your own knowledge of parenting and child development. The framework promotes the following actions for optimal child development.
Everyday Actions to build Knowledge of Parenting & Child Development:
- Model developmentally appropriate interactions with children
- Provide information and resources on parenting and child development
- Encourage exploration of parenting issues and concerns
- Provide opportunities to try out new parenting strategies
- Address parenting issues from a strength based perspective
Connect with CCC&Y to stay informed!
- Subscribe to our Newsletter & Education Updates here
- Check out some upcoming Early Childhood Workshops & Events
- Utilize our Resource Directory
- Read more on Child Welfare & Child Abuse Prevention
- Attend this Foster Parent Informational Open House
- Mark your calendars for Winter Storytimes at Flagstaff Public Library
- Access the new Kin Konnections Support Group for Grandfamilies
- Reach out with other issues and concerns!