CCC&Y is hosting Children’s Action Alliance (CAA) CEO and President, Dana Wolfe Naimark, and Vice President, Amy Kobeta at our upcoming January 13th Board Meeting. Don’t miss this great opportunity to hear about the current issues impacting children, youth and families in Arizona, what’s happening now and what to expect in the upcoming legislative session. The topics of discussion will include:
- CPS: current status, action steps, what to expect, and ways we can influence outcomes
- Funding for College and Career Ready Standards (AKA Common Core)
- Child Care: quality services, Early Education, Pre-K, and full Day K
- Information on Senator Chester Crandell’s legislation on school finance reform
- Other important issues to look out for as we enter the new legislative session
Bring your own questions and concerns and just be part of the conversation! The meeting will end with action steps, ways we can support state wide efforts, and what individuals can do to make a difference.
We are looking forward to starting off the 2014 with CAA’s perspective, information, and insight.
ALL are welcome to attend! Monday, January 13th from 12 to 1:30 p.m. in the Ponderosa Room at the Coconino County Public Health Services District building, 2625 North King Street.